Monday, February 1, 2010

How Bizzare


There is probably a search engine for everything you can possibly think of. And many that you couldn't imagine. Like Find a Grave.com for instance. Maybe I should spend some time seeking out the most unusual search engines and devoting a post to it. Or a month to it. I'm sure some one has already done that though. Maybe someone has already categorized and indexed all the search engines out there. At any rate, finding a grave a Find a Grave.com isn't as easy as you would think. I looked up my grandpa and my grandma and found nothing. But I did notice something, most of the results were for famous people- there was even a little "search by degree of famousness" filter which I noticed on my second search. So I didn't find my grandpa, who's first name was Carl, and after I searched through all the pages to the point where I'd have to start downloading them I stopped. I did find Carl Perkins though.....

No comments:

Post a Comment